Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yesterday was a hard, hard day


Well, Dad's surgeon and oncologist told him yesterday that his cancer in the advanced stages, and has spread to nearby lymph nodes....... which we all were fearing. He is most likely in stage IV, but the doctors can't say that for sure unless they take out the tumor all together and look at it. Which they won't do for a long, long time. As you know, he was supposed to have his port put in tomorrow, but that has been put on hold. Dad found out yesterday that the radiologist on his team is not covered by his insurance company. This news is so frustrating and aggravating becasue now we have to find out what radiologist dad is covered by, and then he will have to meet with the new one, and set up a new plan , etc. It is just really hard news to hear, becasue before, we had a plan.

No matter what the news was, we had a plan. Now, not only do we not have a plan, we don't have a radiologist......... it is so frustrating, and I just wish we could get this started................


but, at least we have each other, and we are feel really supported, and we know we will get over t his road bump too.

I will update as soon as I get any more info............A couple of people have asked for some new pictures so I put this one up of dad and I on my and JR's wedding day...... Dad was cracking jokes as we walked down the isle..... I was crying as I walked down the isle......... but not becasue I was emotional.......... dad was being so funny, and I was laughing so hard I thought I would get the hiccups. Which just made me laugh even harder........... could you imagine me on the alter, with the hiccups, echoing for the whole church to hear?? too funny! :)

I never did get the hiccups.. Thank Goodness! :)

Well, at this point I don't have much more to share than this. Hope all of you have a wonderful evening, and I will update as soon as I can. Thanks for reading this. :) Good night

No comments: