Well, last Saturday I did go to mom and dads, and I spent all day there. However, he was only awake for about an hour, and he he was feeling so sick that hour, that he was barely even talking. His anti-nausea medications have not been working, so he has been feeling really sick, and has not really been eating anything. He has begun to get fluids pumped into his system, because he has been dehydrated. He is losing more weight than his doctors would like, so they may put a feeding tube in him by the end of next week. He totally bummed out when he heard that. He really does not want the feeding tube..... at all. Today was a really long day for him, because he went into for his radiation, which they have been giving him more than he has been used to. He also had fluids pumped into him, which takes around 4 hours to administer. Then he had to have a blood transfusion because his white blood cell count was down. that transfusion took about 4 hours as well! Phew! What a long day..... I gave him a few movies to watch.... he only ended up watching one! If anyone has any great suggestions for movies dad could watch while he is getting his treatments, that would be great! i kind of run out of ideas from time to time! Hopefully he will be in good spirits this weekend, and I will be able to take a picture of him , so you can all see how he is doing... again thank you thank you thank you for all of your support of myself and my family we appreciate it so so so so so so so much! Talk to you all soon! :) Erin

2 comments:
Sorry to hear uncle rog is so nauseous and losing weight. I really hope they don't have to put the feeding tube in. Movie ideas? I don't watch too many, but I have pirates of the caribbean 2 or anchorman if you want to borrow them! Indiana Jones, 10,000 BC, Leatherheads are at a Redbox - only $1! Thinking of you guys today and can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving. :)
Love,
G
Thanks, G! I really appreciate it! Unfortunately, we are not gonna make it for thanksgiving! we are just gonna do it at home with the 7 of us. Too many germs around, and dad needs a place to lie down for long periods of time! I hope I can see you before that, though! :) Lets talk soon!
:) Erbee
Post a Comment